The school was founded in 1894 by Mr.George M. D. Frederick who was the Archdeacon of Barbados and Rector of St. Peter. The Alexandra School, named after Alexandra the Danish wife of King Edward VII, was established on 24th September, 1894. It occupied a three-storied building “West End”, in Queen’s Street, Speightstown, St. Peter. The School started with a roll of thirty-three pupils and three teachers, under the headship of Miss S. Arnold (1894-1908). Archdeacon Frederick of St. Peter’s Parish Church was instrumental in the founding of the school’s curriculum: Grammar, Handwriting, History, Geography, Arithmetic, Nature Study, Drill, Singing, Drawing and Handwork.